Pages

topbella

Saturday 13 July 2013

Interview with Ani Saunders

Today I have an interview for you with fabulous fashionista, artist and singer, Ani Saunders.  I pumped her for information on her style inspiration and fashion tips...

1.       Describe your personal style.

I'm forever refining my wardrobe. It's true what they say; out with the old, in with the new. I would say that I'm quite experimental, though my curiosity generally lies in textures an fabrics rather than colour and shape. I rarely wear tight-fitting clothing and generally drown myself in over-sized, boyish shapes.





2.       Who is your style icon?

Coco Chanel without a shaddow of a doubt. Effortless glamour and timeless. Though my aim is perhaps to portray "effortless glamour" it then seems quite ironic that in reality, I put quite a lot of effort into it. Darn!


3.       What inspires you when putting an outfit together?
It depends on quite a few factors; my mood, the weather, where I'm going etc. Before I go to sleep at night I may see an item of clothing from the corner of my eye and decide that I'm going to build an outfit around it in the morning. Often not, so the outfit generally compromises of early morning manic panics and messy hair.

4.       What are your favourite ways of accessorising an outfit?
I usually only accessorise  when I'm wearing a simple outfit. I don't like too much clutter and I prefer when there's a focal point. At the moment I'm constantly wearing a very large and chunky necklace and so my outfits (though quite textured) are generally quite simple with a minimal amount of colour.


5.       What would you advise someone who is looking to change their style?
The best way of changing your style and to make it convincing is to find a muse. When I'm feeling uninspired and "stylistically-challened" I tend to refer back to my muse which of course is Coco Chanel. That's when the stripes and boyish trousers come back out. Now you know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lilac Chic© Designed by: Compartidisimo